Extensive Shopping in Marrakech
Marrakech is the paradise of shopping. The buzzing markets in the old centre of Marrakech are just steps away from our riad and stuffed with tiny boutiques offering traditional handicraft works, street hawkers with carts full of fresh fruits and quite a number of elegant shops as well. We have gathered some ideas for you for your shopping in Marrakech:
Shop the traditional
- Brothers Lamdaghri are the most unobtrusive carpet dealers we know in Marrakech – they let their carpets speak for themselves. And right so: Be prepared to buy more than you have intended to. These carpets are just too beautiful to resist (Bazar du Sud, 117, Souk des Tapis).
- L’Art du Bois (37, Souk el Kebir): Shopping for your kitchen at home – Didn’t you crave for another hand carved spoon made of lemon wood or a beautiful olive wood salad bowl?
- Our favourite for chess pieces: Mohammed shapes his Art Déco style pieces with his foot (Souk El Badine).
- Shopping your own design: Have the craftsmen in the Souk des Ferroniers forge your lamp according to your own design.
Shopping de Luxe in the Souqs
- Boutique Akbar Delights promises delightful shopping of the most luxurious fabrics, tunics and accessories. Our favourite for beautiful things. (Place Bab Fteuh)
- Design from Marrakech: In Souq Cherifia you will find on the first floor a gallery with numerous boutiques offering latest design made in Morocco – Bags and clutches, children’s fashion, finest home fabrics or simple baskets. Here you will find abundant choices of souvenirs.
Our concierges have more recommendations and ideas for you for a successful shopping in Marrakech: Tips.
Tired from extensive shopping?
Back home, at Riyad El Cadi, we are at hand to serve a refreshing tea in the shade of the riad courtyards. Or might you rather have a relaxing treatment in the hammam of our riad?